It is a series of training sessions which can be carried out at your institution. It is recommended for them to last a minimum of two hours each. The topics provided are designed according to the needs of your institution.
Recommended topics are:
- Experiential Learning Cycle and Reflective Teaching
- Teaching Productive Skills
- Raimes’ Framework for Teaching Writing
- A Framework for Teaching Culture
- Formative vs. Summative Evaluation
- Alternative Assessment
- Project Work in ELT
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Competency – Based Learning (“Can do” Statements CEFR)
- Classroom Management (Instruction delivery, classroom managing interaction, CCQs)
- Teaching Receptive Skills
- How to Deal with Discipline Issues in Teaching Teens and Young Learners
- Preparing Students for International Tests
- Focus on Academic English – Lesson Planning from Challenge Points
- Content-Based Instruction (CLIL)
- Correcting Inaccuracies (Speaking, Writing)
Workshops and courses are implemented by certified trainers who have credentials and knowledge at both national and international levels.
Training for Your School
We are a binational center interested in providing you with customized service. IGA cares about who you are and what you need. We take on the commitment of offering you train – ing that stands out because of its excellence, the honesty and integrity that characterizes it, as well as its loyalty, respect and teamwork inspiring qualities.
- We are leaders in empowering Guatemalans through English language learning, using a communicative and experiential approach that has been consolidated by our Academic Unit team. It relies on extensive up-to-date research to ensure that you learn from the experts.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to provide meaningful experiences and support you in your personal and institutional growth.
- Although we explore American culture, we never leave behind our Guatemalan roots, giving you the best of both cultures.