IGA has partnered with World Learning (link to www.worldlearning.org ) to offer the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) Certificate course. It is a program that provides participants with the needed methodology, strategies and techniques to strengthen a educator’s capacity to teach content successfully in an foreign language–medium classroom.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Plan for effective, learning-centered lessons using frameworks and key second language acquisition principles and TESOL/CLIL terminology.
- Analyze content in terms of language, students’ needs, challenges, and context.
- Plan and effectively teach lessons that encourage learning and critical thinking skills as well as the development of students’ sensitivity and awareness of cultural aspects of language, content, texts, and activities.
- Effectively teach learning-centered lessons, scaffolding students’learning and engaging students in participation in their own learning.
- Apply assessment and evaluation procedures and tools in order to make evidence-based decisions about teaching and future learning.
- Reflect on planning and teaching decisions in terms of their effect on the learning of individual students and on the learning of a group using key second language acquisition principles and TESOL/CLIL terminology.
Courses are given in different sites around Guatemala. They are taught by World Learning licensed trainers who have credentials and knowledge at both national and international levels
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) Certificate Course
We are a binational center interested in providing you with customized service. IGA cares about who you are and what you need. We take on the commitment of offering you train – ing that stands out because of its excellence, the honesty and integrity that characterizes it, as well as its loyalty, respect and teamwork inspiring qualities.
- We are leaders in empowering Guatemalans through English language learning, using a communicative and experiential approach that has been consolidated by our Academic Unit team. It relies on extensive up-to-date research to ensure that you learn from the experts.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to provide meaningful experiences and support you in your personal and institutional growth.
- Although we explore American culture, we never leave behind our Guatemalan roots, giving you the best of both cultures.