This course is designed for in-service and pre-service teachers who have an intermediate or high intermediate level of English and who are interested in taking the Teacher Training Course (TTC) in the future. Specific Objectives.
Participants will be able to:
- Implement in the classroom best teaching practices such as but not limited to: teaching grammar and vocabulary, error correction, eliciting, asking concept checking questions, etc.)
- Apply best teaching practices for young learners such as but not limited to: using games and music, designing tasks for the age group, storytelling, etc.).
- Conduct a language analysis investigation for grammar structures, vocabulary items, and speaking skills.
- Plan and teach a grammar, speaking, reading, listening, and/or writing lesson.
- Demonstrate advancement in the following language skills and sub-skills: reading, listening, speaking, writing, grammar, and pronunciation.
Courses are given in different sites around Guatemala. They are taught by certified trainers who have credentials and knowledge at both national and international levels.
ELT Best Practices
We are a binational center interested in providing you with customized service. IGA cares about who you are and what you need. We take on the commitment of offering you train – ing that stands out because of its excellence, the honesty and integrity that characterizes it, as well as its loyalty, respect and teamwork inspiring qualities.
- We are leaders in empowering Guatemalans through English language learning, using a communicative and experiential approach that has been consolidated by our Academic Unit team. It relies on extensive up-to-date research to ensure that you learn from the experts.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to provide meaningful experiences and support you in your personal and institutional growth.
- Although we explore American culture, we never leave behind our Guatemalan roots, giving you the best of both cultures.